Smithy's Painted Furniture

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Cool Britannia!

Well it was only a matter of time, there's loads of inspiration for Union Jack furniture here in blogland, notably this chest at Lilyfield Life, I just had to put it on something and this table seemed ideal!


Take one bog standard coffee table, prime and get drawing.


Lots of lines and head scratching later, and we are getting there.


Once the painting was done it was time to distress it and I must admit I felt a small pang of guilt defacing my county's flag, but it had to be done.





 Two coats of polyurethane for the top, wax for the legs and Bob's your uncle! It's safe and sound in my son's bedroom...for now ...but I'm going to try and sell it, if he'll let me!


and no, his room isn't normally that tidy........

4 comments:

  1. Hey well done. looks fab. I just bought another Oak drawers to do another one as have loads of people ask me for one.
    I love that your son has already stuck some stickers on it!
    cheers Fiona
    http://lilyfieldlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I don't know if I could figure out the lines, it looks confusing! A boring coffee table to an awesome piece of art! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This table is waaay too cool!

    ReplyDelete