Smithy's Painted Furniture

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Decisions, decisions...........

That drinks cabinet; I thought it would be really simple to give it the look I wanted but...no. First I couldn't decide what colour it was to be, I must have mucked about and tweaked four or five colours before settling on the one and even then I wasn't completely convinced! Then I started agonising about the finish. I wanted to hand paint it but also have that plasticy 60s feel so started fretting about brush marks! So I've been rubbing it down then re coating it thinly but now I've decided, it comes out like it comes out or I'll be at it forever. I think it will be alright and I'm looking forward to finishing it now. I'll stick some pictures up when it's finished, soon.....I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment